Opportunity for Special Issue of IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement
The I²MTC 2019 Special Issue of IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, intended to promote results presented at I²MTC 2019, will be published in May 2020.
All papers which were accepted, registered, and presented at I²MTC 2019, and which will appear in the I²MTC 2019 proceedings in IEEE Xplore, are eligible to submit an extended version to the I²MTC 2019 Special Issue in IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement (TIM). Each manuscript shall be within the scope of the TIM (click to see Scope of Transactions) and based on a paper published in the I²MTC 2019 Proceedings. Moreover, the manuscript MUST be technically extended beyond the scope of the proceedings paper, in terms of the overall TECHNICAL content and research results.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SCOPE
Every year, a portion of submitted papers to the I²MTC special issue in TIM are rejected immediately, without going to review, because they do not frame their writing in the context of Instrumentation and Measurement. To avoid this happening to your paper, please carefully and completely follow the 2-point description under the Important Note here.
TIM's Special Issue submission dates will be July 25, 2019 to August 8, 2019
Please note that the submission date will NOT be extended.
Preparation for Manuscript Submission
The manuscript, together with the accompanying documents “viz. the manuscript submission cover letter, the IEEE copyright transfer form, and the over-length page charge form” must be submitted electronically using the web-based submission system. Prior to submission of the manuscript, its author, especially if he/she has not yet used that system, should register and obtain a password that will enable him/her to enter the system and read Authors Instructions and Manuscript Upload Instructions. Both instructions contain information of vital importance for the problem-free submission. In particular, Authors Instructions provide the guidelines for the preparation of the manuscript. All authors of the submitted papers must individually link a valid ORCID ID to their personal page on the web-based submission system. Clear Instructions can be found in the submission section of the system. The following additional requirements must also be satisfied when submitting the manuscript:
- The paper must be TECHNICALLY extended beyond the scope of the paper that has appeared in the proceedings, as mentioned above.
- Upload a Cover Letter, explaining that the paper is an extended version of an I2MTC 2019 paper. If any co-authors present in the proceedings version have been removed in the journal version, the reason for the removal must be explained in the Cover Letter. Additionally, the removed co-authors must sign the same Cover Letter, stating that they agree to be removed from the journal version.
- At the time of submission, the authors must provide detailed information (in a separate file to be uploaded as part of the submission process) regarding how the paper is a technically extended version of the proceedings paper.
- The proceedings paper MUST be clearly referred to in the text and listed as one of the references in the special-issue paper.
- A PDF copy of the proceedings paper must be submitted at the time of special-issue paper submission.
When uploading your manuscript click on “Special Issue Manuscript” in the “Manuscript Upload Instructions” page of the Allentrack System. Then, in page #1 of “Submit Manuscript” you must choose the proper Special Issue (i.e., I²MTC 2019 Special Issue). Subsequently, in the same page and in the “Files to Upload” section you MUST upload two additional files; one containing a detailed explanation of how the paper is TECHNICALLY EXTENDED beyond the scope of the proceedings paper and another which is a PDF copy of the I²MTC 2019 Proceedings paper. To this end, you must put the number “2” in the small box in front of “Extension Beyond Proceedings & Copy of Proceedings (if any was published)” so that the system allows you to upload these two files. Consequently, these two files will be available to the reviewers. Please, do not include the explanation of how the paper is technically extended beyond the scope of the proceedings paper in the cover letter, because this letter is not visible to the reviewers.
Failure to correctly submit a detailed explanation of the TECHNICALLY EXTENDED and a PDF copy of the I²MTC Proceedings paper will result in the immediate return of the manuscript to the author(s) as an unacceptable submission.
Notice: The I²MTC 2019 paper identifier should be put in the upper right-hand corner of every document to be submitted.
Further information & help
For further information and help please contact: